Ganesha Rudraksha resembles Lord Ganesh with his trunk. If a rudraksha of any mukhi gets a protrusion on its body similar to the trunk of an elephant, this rudraksha is called a Ganesha Rudraksha.
Some people get obsessed with the image of Ganesh in rudraksha to such an extent that they look for the contours on the surface of any rudraksha resembling Lord Ganesh.
Ganesha has an elephant's head, four to ten arms, a pot belly, and is usually red or yellow in colour. His vehicle is a rat. In his hands he holds a rope, an axe, a goad, a dish of sweet-balls etc. The fourth hand is in the boon giving position. It is said that with the axe Ganesha cuts off the attachment (to worldly things) of his devotees and with the rope pulls them nearer to the Truth.
A son of Shiva, he is one of the most popular gods and is called “the remover of obstacles”. He is worshipped at the start of a ritual or the beginning of a journey. Endowed with a gentle and affectionate nature he is also known as a god of wisdom. His images are found in practically every household and also on the outskirts of villages, as a guardian deity.
Parvati, wife of Shiva created him from the scruff of her body to guard her door and when he refused to admit Shiva, Lord Shiva cut off his head. On seeing Parvati distressed about this, Shiva promised to replace the head with that of the first living being he would chance upon. This happened to be an elephant.
According to another Legend, He was conjured out of a piece of cloth by Shiva to produce a son for Parvati. Later Shiva brought about the boy's death by decapitation, and then in order to placate Parvati, he called on the gods to find him a new head. After much searching they gave him an elephant's head. The tusk broke when it was cut from the elephant's body, therefore Ganesha is normally shown with a broken tusk.
Ganesha Rudraksha Benefits
- Ganesha Rudraksha is beneficial for obtain prosperity in all aspects of life.
- The wearer of Ganesha Rudraksha gets leadership qualities.
- This Rudraksha Improves intelligence and gives the wearer an analytical mind.
Ganesha Rudraksha Remedial Powers
Rudraksha has remained in use as Ayurvedic medicine and mention in several books for herbal reparations both as a preventive and as curative medicine.
As is widely known, a man's health can be appropriately maintained by balancing vaat (wind), pitta (bile), and kaf (phlegm).
As Rudraksha influences the mind through its subtle electromagnetic properties, many diseases can be cured using it.
Vaat, pitta, and kaf get regulated when a person's thought process is streamlined. This is possible as one becomes fearless and calms down and maintains a stable mind. A clear thought makes the body healthy, which in turn wards off diseases.
Given below is a summary of the properties of Ganesha Rudraksha in curing various diseases. (These examples and results should be used as guidelines to understand the scope and benefit of using the beads and its potential as a medicine.)
- Mental stress
Ganesha Rudraksha Astrology View Point
According to many astrologers, Rudraksha is the ultimate solution for removing the harmful effects of the planets. While gems are commonly used for this purpose, many astrologers recommend the use of Rudraksha. Not only do the planets get pacified, but the wearer gains comfort and happiness.
One should only know which rudrakshas will be useful for this objective. Although the ancient epics do not mention any correlation between planets and Rudraksha, the information below is being given for those who strongly believe in wearing Rudraksha in accordance with horoscope and planetary positions.
- Very Powerful Rudraksha to remove obstacles.
Ganesha Rudraksha Wearing Rules
- One must wear one piece of Ganesha Rudraksha in a form of Necklace or Bracelet with red thread/silver/gold capping.
- You can keep it in the altar for worshipping or in the cash box.
- It needs to be removed from the body while consuming alcohol, consuming non-vegetarian food, having physical intimacy, and also going to a funeral (for ladies throughout the menstruation period). If this is not followed inadvertently, do not feel guilty. In that case, re-purify the beads by cleaning in pure water as well as chanting Om Namah Shivaya 5 times.
- Rudraksha is not constrained to any religious belief. It is for the entire humanity. The routines are incidental and also are to be complied with voluntarily and respect.
- Rudraksha does not cause any adverse effects, thus undue suspicion about its results may be Do not over anticipate adjustments or magical impacts to occur. Its use is additionally not a short-term period of time. It has to be well worn for the entire lifetime.
- Old Rudraksha needs to be individually looked for any damage or openings or cracks, if discovered, these must not be used.
- Always use new Rudraksha and never use Rudraksha put on by someone.
- Ensure that the Rudraksha mala or combination has the correct number of beads.
Ganesha Rudraksha Worshipping / Pooja
It has been emphasized in all the epics which have highlighted the merits of Rudraksha that at the time of wearing Rudraksha and even while regularly wearing it, it should be worshipped as per prescribed procedures and particularly by chanting the recommended mantras.
Shrimad Devibhagawat says that Rudraksha should be worn without any expectations and with total devotion and happiness.
Choose an auspicious day or any Monday for blessings.
Follow this simple ritual before wearing a rudraksha:
- Wash or sprinkle Rudraksha with Ganges water or pure water.
- Apply sandalwood.
- Offer incense/dhoop.
- Offer any white flower.
- Touch the Rudraksha on a Shivaling or Lord Shiva's photo and chant Om Namah Shivaya for a minimum of 11 times. After that, the Rudraksha can be worn or put at pooja place.
Ganesha Rudraksha Mantra
Mantras to be recited for Ganesha Rudraksha :
- Om Namah Shivaya