Gauri Shankar Rudraksha
Two naturally joined rudrakshas are called Gauri Shankar Rudraksha. This rudraksha is the unified form of Lord Shiva and the Goddess Uma (also known as Parvati). Some people call this Ardhanarishvara rudraksha. It is regarded as a unified form of Shiva and Shakti.
Creation and life cycle of this universe is not possible without the unification of male and female forms of humans. Lord Shiva took the Ardhanarishvara form in order to represent this aspect to mankind. The Ardhanarishvara is a form of the Hindu deities Shiva and Parvati. Ardhanarishvara is portrayed as half-male and half-female, equally split down in the middle.
Ardhanarishvara represents the synthesis of masculine and feminine energies of the universe (Purusha and Prakriti) and illustrates how Shakti, the female principle of God, is inseparable from Shiva and vice versa. The union of these principles is exalted as the root and womb of all creation. Another view is that Ardhanarishvara is a symbol of Shiva's all pervasive nature.
The name Ardhanarishvara means "the Lord Who is half woman." Ardhanarishvara is also known by other names like Ardhanaranari ("the half man-woman"), Ardhanarisha ("the Lord who is half woman"), Ardhanarinateshvara ("the Lord of Dance Who is half-woman), etc.
The iconography of Ardhanarishvara: the right superior side of the body usually is the male Shiva and the left is the female Parvati, in rare depictions belonging to the Shaktism school, the feminine holds the dominant right side. The icon usually is prescribed to have four, three or two arms, but rarely is depicted with eight arms. In the case of three arms, the Parvati side has only one arm, suggesting a lesser role in the icon.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Benefits
- Gauri Shankar Rudraksha improves relationship between husband and wife.
- This Rudraksha becomes the cause of expansion of the universe providing fertility.
- It makes the husband and wife identify each other.
- Gauri Shankar Rudraksha is considered the best thing for peace and unity in the family.
- It is a powerful Rudraksha for balancing Ida & Pingala.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Remedial Powers
Rudraksha has remained in use as Ayurvedic medicine and mention in several books for herbal reparations both as a preventive and as curative medicine.
As is widely known, a man's health can be appropriately maintained by balancing vaat (wind), pitta (bile), and kaf (phlegm).
As Rudraksha influences the mind through its subtle electromagnetic properties, many diseases can be cured using it.
Vaat, pitta, and kaf get regulated when a person's thought process is streamlined. This is possible as one becomes fearless and calms down and maintains a stable mind. A clear thought makes the body healthy, which in turn wards off diseases.
Given below is a summary of the properties of Gauri Shankar Rudraksha in curing various diseases. (These examples and results should be used as guidelines to understand the scope and benefit of using the beads and its potential as a medicine.)
- Emotional stress.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Astrology View Point
According to many astrologers, Rudraksha is the ultimate solution for removing the harmful effects of the planets. While gems are commonly used for this purpose, many astrologers recommend the use of Rudraksha. Not only do the planets get pacified, but the wearer gains comfort and happiness.
One should only know which rudrakshas will be useful for this objective. Although the ancient epics do not mention any correlation between planets and Rudraksha, the information below is being given for those who strongly believe in wearing Rudraksha in accordance with horoscope and planetary positions.
- The Energy of the rudraksha helps to improves relationship between husband and wife.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Wearing Rules
- One must wear one piece of Gauri Shankar Rudraksha in a form of Necklace or Bracelet with red thread/silver/gold capping.
- You can keep it in the altar for worshipping or in the cash box.
- It needs to be removed from the body while consuming alcohol, consuming non-vegetarian food, having physical intimacy, and also going to a funeral (for ladies throughout the menstruation period). If this is not followed inadvertently, do not feel guilty. In that case, re-purify the beads by cleaning in pure water as well as chanting Om Namah Shivaya 5 times.
- Rudraksha is not constrained to any religious belief. It is for the entire humanity. The routines are incidental and also are to be complied with voluntarily and respect.
- Rudraksha does not cause any adverse effects, thus undue suspicion about its results may be Do not over anticipate adjustments or magical impacts to occur. Its use is additionally not a short-term period of time. It has to be well worn for the entire lifetime.
- Old Rudraksha needs to be individually looked for any damage or openings or cracks, if discovered, these must not be used.
- Always use new Rudraksha and never use Rudraksha put on by someone.
- Ensure that the Rudraksha mala or combination has the correct number of beads.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Worshipping / Pooja
It has been emphasized in all the epics which have highlighted the merits of Rudraksha that at the time of wearing Rudraksha and even while regularly wearing it, it should be worshipped as per prescribed procedures and particularly by chanting the recommended mantras.
Shrimad Devibhagawat says that Rudraksha should be worn without any expectations and with total devotion and happiness.
Choose an auspicious day or any Monday for blessings.
Follow this simple ritual before wearing a rudraksha:
- Wash or sprinkle Rudraksha with Ganges water or pure water.
- Apply sandalwood.
- Offer incense/dhoop.
- Offer any white flower.
- Touch the Rudraksha on a Shivaling or Lord Shiva's photo and chant Om Namah Shivaya for a minimum of 11 times. After that, the Rudraksha can be worn or put at pooja place.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha Mantra
Mantras to be recited for Gauri Shankar Rudraksha :
- Om Namah Shivaya
- Om Gawishankarabhyam Namah